1711 / From Roberto Cavalli to Palazzo Strozzi / Firenze

In Florence, at Via de’ Tornabuoni, in between roberto Cavalli an Bulgari stores, facing Palazzo Strozzi. This palace, located in the heart of Florence, is one of the finest examples of private Renaissance architecture in this city.

According to Palazzo Strozzi Foundation‘s website, it was commissioned by the Florentine merchant Filippo Strozzi and the foundations were laid in 1489 according to a design by Benedetto da Maiano.¬† A year later the project was given to¬†Simone del Pollaiolo, known as Cronaca, who worked on it until 1504 but the Palazzo was only finally finished in 1538. The Palazzo remained the property of the Strozzi family until 1937, and since 1999 it has been managed City of Florence.

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: